Craig is an experienced commercial litigator having practised in commercial litigation and dispute resolution since his admission as a lawyer in 2000. Craig commenced his legal career with a large national law firm as Associate then moving onto the role of Senior Associate. In 2007 Craig joined one of Western Australia’s leading midsized law firms as Senior Associate and accepted the role of Director in 2011, heading up the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice and acting as in house counsel. In 2015 Craig went on to establish Solomon Hollett Lawyers with fellow Director Morgan Solomon, the two having worked closely at the same firm for over seven years.
Craig’s extensive experience ranges from commercial and common law disputes to minor criminal matters. These include commercial and contractual disputes, building and construction, general commercial litigation, debt recovery, bankruptcy and insolvency, insurance law, professional indemnity and liability, restraining orders, vocational disciplinary proceedings, OH&S prosecutions and public liability.
Craig strives to be one of the state’s leading legal practitioners when it comes to dispute resolution, with Craig’s practice built firmly on working towards solutions that each client is seeking, ensuring that each outcome is commercially viable and proportionate to the size and scope of the issue or the opportunity.
Craig’s commercial litigation experience is also supplemented by his knowledge and experience in insurance law, with Craig spending a decade in the insurance industry working in a workers’ compensation advocacy role before commencing his legal career. For several years Craig was a Committee Member and Secretary for the Australian Insurance Law Association and has also sat on the Board of the Baptist Union of Western Australia.
Since 1996, Craig has appeared as instructing solicitor or as counsel in the Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts, State Administrative Tribunal, Federal Magistrates Court, Compensation Magistrates Court and the Building Disputes Tribunal on a wide range of matters. He has also appeared as counsel in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Craig’s areas of practice
- Commercial litigation including:
- Australian Consumer Law (formerly Trade Practices Act and competition)
- Commercial and contractual disputes
- Property and leasing disputes
- Building and construction
- Mortgagee security and enforcement disputes
- Arbitration and mediation
- Debt collection
- Worksafe prosecutions
- Administrative law
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Insurance law
- Product liability
- Professional indemnity and liability
- Medical negligence
- Criminal law
- Restraining Orders
- Public liability
- Criminal injuries compensation
- Five Year Articles Program, University of Western Australia
- Advanced Certificate in Insurance Administration, Perth TAFE
- 2002 – Admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- 2000 – Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia